This month, try out our festive recipe and get the whole family involved in baking some delicious Gingerbread Biscuits! These simple but delightful, sweet treats are the perfect way to begin the Christmas fun! These biscuits are very popular amongst the children across our Early Year’s settings!
- 100g salted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 225g plain flour
- Heat the butter, syrup and sugar together in a small pan until melted. Stir occasionally and then set aside to cool.
- Mix together the bicarb, ginger, cinnamon and flour in a large bowl.
- Pour in the buttery syrup mixture and stir to combine. Once combined, use your hands to bring together to form a dough. (The dough will be soft at this point, but it’ll firm up in the fridge).
- Put the dough on a sheet of baking parchment. Shape into a rectangle and lay another sheet of parchment on top of it. Roll the dough out to a thickness of ½cm.
- Transfer to a baking sheet to keep it flat, leaving the parchment in place. Then chill in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut out shapes using a cookie cutter. Place the shapes, spread apart, on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins at 170 Oc.
- Allow the biscuits cool and then enjoy!