YMCA Dulverton Group is a vibrant, local charity that has been responding to the needs of individuals and communities since 1884. We help people to believe in themselves, support them to achieve their goals and inspire them to be the best they can be.
Our Mission is to create supportive, inclusive and energising communities where young people can truly belong, contribute and thrive.
We work across four key areas, with a fifth – support and advice – running through them all.
Health & Wellbeing
“We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of physical exercise, from improved health to better education and life chances.”
Training & Education
“We believe that every young person should be able to fulfil their full potential.”
“We believe every family should have the support they need to develop and lead more fulfilling lives.”
“We believe that every young person should have a safe place to stay.”
Support and Advice
“We believe that every young person should have someone they can trust.”
● Value the Individual – Respect others, ourselves and the people we work with in all that we do
● Giving of our best – Showing commitment in our work and to enable young people
● Caring Deeply – Have a passion for the work we carry out
● Providing Creative Solutions – Show innovation in the approaches we take in supporting young people
● Communicate authentically and truthfully – Show openness in our dealings and approaches to people
YMCA is the largest and oldest youth charity in the world, set up in England in 1844. Over the years, it has evolved into a global movement helping more than 58 million people across 119 different countries. The YMCA federation shares a common goal to create supportive, inclusive and energising communities
YMCA Dulverton Group is one of 116 YMCAs in England and Wales supporting young people and local communities around the country and we’ve been doing so since 1870!
Visit the YMCA England & Wales website to find out more.
In spite of what the acronym YMCA stands for – Young Men’s Christian Association – you don’t have to be young, male or have any faith to be involved with the many varied services we offer.