If you’re looking for action packed, exciting and memorable birthday parties, you’re in the right place! The YMCA can take care of all your child’s birthday needs. There are a range of options where we can take care of everything – activities, party food, invites, decorations and the clearing up, or just hire one of our community rooms and run your own.
We also have a qualified Forest School Leader who can deliver parties depending on your requirements.
We offer Children’s parties at both Barley Wood in Wrington and at YMCA Bridgwater.
Aged 5 – 16 years offering a choice of experiences/activities.
Depending on the venue we can offer a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities ensuring there is something for everyone. Our birthday party package is fully flexible. Pick and mix your perfect party!
● Archery – Adjustable target ranges are geared to every age group.
● Bell Boating – This is an ideal introduction to paddle sports. Team games are an essential part of this activity. The bell boating session takes its participants on a journey along the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal. All participants are in one large boat together.
● Canoeing – The sessions include a combination of fun and games whilst mastering paddle techniques.
● Caving – A unique activity enabling future explorers to navigate their way around a network of tunnels creating a realistic caving experience in our artificial caving tubes.
● Indoor Climbing – Climbing is one of our most popular activities. Sessions are adapted to all levels of ability.
● Low Ropes – Low ropes will encourage communication and co-operation, helping individuals build their confidence whilst developing their balance and coordination but also drawing on their ideas, support and effort to achieve a shared goal.
● Mud Buggies – An exhilarating off road racing experience. Race around our custom-made track which includes long straights, tight chicanes and sweeping corners. Race your friends to find out who is the racing champion.
● Bouncy Castle – A fun packed activity guaranteed to exhaust even the most energetic of children. Our instructors will ensure plenty of games and giggles, using our inflatable assault course.
Options for parties of 10 participants or less
Party Package A
Choice of 1 activity (1 hour)
Use of room (1 hour)
Additional spaces £8 per person
Party Package B
Choice of 2 activities (1 hour each)
Use of room (up to 1 hour)
Additional spaces £15 per person
All the prices above, exclude refreshments and are for groups of 10 participants or less (Please see activity restrictions below).
Parties with more than 10 participants are possible and are subject to the charges above. You may bring your own food to use in the room after the activity.
Access to the room is given where possible upon arrival to allow for setting up. Party Bags are included and contain puzzle, crayons and colouring book, small bag of sweets, game and party horn.
● Archery – Minimum age 10 years
● Bell Boating – Children aged 5 years who are wishing to attend a bell boat party must be accompanied by an adult. Children over 5 and under 7 years old do not require a parent to be present on the boat but the parent must remain on site. Maximum group size 12.
● Bouncy Castle – Age 5 +, Socks must be worn.
● Canoeing – Canoeing parties can only be booked for children aged 7 years and above.
● Caving – Age 5 +
● Indoor Climbing – Age 7 +
● Low Ropes – Age 6 +
● Mud Buggies – Minimum age 12 years old, Maximum group size 8 – extra places are not available for this activity.
Please check our ‘What do I need to bring section below – to know what to bring.
Please note all activities are subject to availability
A guide to what to bring to YMCA Daycamps or when visiting us for any indoor/outdoor activities.
● Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for any activities you/your child may be doing. Example; closed toed shoes such as trainers and not flip flops.
● Bring a coat, even if it is raining. We still do outdoor activities in the rain, wind and even snow if safe to do so.
● A spare change of clothes including socks, shoes and underwear. A towel and toiletries if you feel you may need to shower post activity.
● Food and drinks. You will find doing outdoor activities will not only make you hungry, you will need regular drink and snack breaks. YMCA Bridgwater does have a vending and hot drinks machine. Barley Wood does not so please remember to pack these.
● Hot days – Remember to bring/pack for your child sun cream, hats and plenty to drink.
● Cold days – Remember to bring/pack for your child gloves, woolly hat, coat, thin warm layers are best.
● If you have a bag or anything else you want to keep safe, we have plenty of lockers in our changing rooms at YMCA Bridgwater. They require a £1.00 coin deposit.
● Emergency contact details must be completed before taking part and you must bring any inhalers or other medical items you/your child may require.
● We do not recommend wearing jewellery as most activities will require this to be removed for safety reasons.
● Mobile phones, iPods and other similar items are not recommended if brought they will need to be put in a safe place during activities, these are the responsibility of the owner.
If you have any queries about what to bring to your own, or your child’s activity session, Daycamp or school activity day, please contact YMCA Dulverton Group reception on 01278 726000 or by using our contact form.